SRM3333 (MSc) & SRD4444 (PhD)
This required course involves attendance, presentation, and chairing seminars within the Clinical, Social and Administrative Pharmaceutical (CSAP) sciences. The course serves as a platform for the dissemination and discussion of current research underway by graduate students in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Promote awareness and understanding of the work undertaken by different research groups within the Clinical, Social and Administrative Pharmaceutical (CSAP) sciences
- Provide opportunity for interaction and collaboration among graduate students and faculty members
- Provide students with an opportunity to organize and present their research, enhance oral communication skills, develop their ability to defend their ideas in a public forum; and the opportunity to give and receive feedback.
- Provide students the opportunity to act as the Chair of the session, gain experience introducing a speaker and moderating the question period.
Student Seminar Presentation Format:
- Each student will be allotted a maximum of 30 minutes*
- Presentation: 18 to 20** min, timed by the chair
- Questions and discussion: ~10 minutes
*presentations should be well rehearsed and timed within the maximum time allotted, and that chairs and presenters test slides prior to the beginning of each seminar
**Students in their first year may present 10 min seminars.
Details on the format and responsibilities of student presenters and student chairs can be found below