Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Resource Hub
Many educational resources are available on equity, diversity, and inclusion through the University of Toronto and external sources. The following list is a starting point and will be updated regularly.
In addition to resources collected below, the Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy's Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Working Group developed a strategic plan to provide recommendations on moving this work forward at our Faculty.
- U of T Task Forces
The final report from this Task Force delivered 56 recommendations to address anti-Black racism and build a more inclusive and welcoming community
Reviews programming, activities, processes and practices and makes recommendations to support U of T’s response to anti-Semitism
Provides strategic recommendations on initiatives that address systemic and attitudinal barriers and advances institutional spaces that foster a sense of community and belonging for the diverse communities of Muslim students, staff, faculty and librarians.
- U of T Initiatives
Created at UTSC and led by Professor Maydianne Andrade, these modules provide an academic approach to understanding unconscious bias
A voluntary demographic data collection initiative for full and part-time undergraduate and graduate students
A grassroots group of U of T faculty members that provides education and resources about unconscious bias and related challenges in the academic career arc with a focus on supporting equity, diversity and inclusion.
- U of T Equity Offices and Websites
- U of T Reports
- Tools and Guidelines
A working list of resources to support inclusion in healthcare and other settings.
- Guidelines for Inclusivity (Temerty Faculty of Medicine)
- Resources tailored for medication management needs of different patient populations (Canadian Pharmacists Association)
- Discrimination and Racisim in the pharmacy profession Part 1: Experiences from the front line (Canadian Pharmacists Association)
- Discrimination and Racisim in the pharmacy profession Part 2: Reflections from the pharmacy sector (Canadian Pharmacists Association)
- Anti-Racism Strategy (Government of Canada)
- Gender Inclusive Writing: Letters and Emails (Government of Canada)
- Four tips for transgender inclusion in virtual settings (Rex Wilde Consulting)
- Racial Discrimination Brochure (Ontario Human Rights Commission)
- Land Acknowledgements (University of Toronto)
- Land Acknowledgements (Canadian Association of University Teachers)
- Lead with Pride: Best Practices for Advancing 2SLGBTQIA+ Leadership (Pride at Work Canada)
- Research and Reports
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada final report (Government of Canada)
- Women in Pharmacy Report (Canadian Pharmacists Association)
- Prevalence and characteristics of anti-Indigenous bias among Albertan physicians: a cross-sectional survey and framework analysis (BMJ Open)
- Anti-racism work (Canadian Human Rights Commission)
- Systemic racism: Pharmacists’ role of responsibility (American Pharmacists Association)
- Addressing Racism in Hospital Pharmacy Practice Research (Canadian Journal of Hospital Pharmacy)
- Perceived discrimination in the community pharmacy: A cross-sectional, national survey of adults (Journal of the American Pharmacists Association)
- Pharmacists Have a Role to Play in Dismantling Systemic Racism (Pharmacy Times)
- Experiences of discrimination among the Black and Indigenous populations in Canada, 2019 (Statistics Canada)
- Statement by the Parliamentary Black Caucus (Government of Canada)