For 2023-2024 only
International graduate students in the department of pharmaceutical sciences make up a vibrant part of the Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy Community. All our funded international student spaces for 2023/2024 are filled with existing students. We will have 1-2 openings for international applicants in 2024/2025 We encourage all interested international applicants to apply for our 2024-2025 cohort. Please stay connected with our department via our website or on social media
Before you begin the application process, be sure to review the following information to ensure your application is complete.
- Review the School of Graduate Studies Admission Requirements
- Review the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences Admission Requirements for your program of choice:
Carefully review the instructions provided. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
When your application is complete, submit your application on the School of Graduate Studies Online Admissions Application Service.
Application Deadlines: MSc + PhD Pharmaceutical Sciences
Application Deadline: December 9, 2022
*Please note that all documents must be uploaded by the deadline to be considered for entrance awards.
Application Deadline: Master of Science in Pharmacy (MScPhm)
September 2023 admissions:
Program availability will be filled with a deadline of March 31, 2023
Please contact us directly about application requests beyond this date.
All supporting documents must be uploaded to your online application. Once supporting documents are submitted, they become the property of the University of Toronto and cannot be returned.
- MSc/PhD Application Supporting Documents
- Unofficial transcripts are required at the time of application; applicants must arrange official, final transcripts if offered admission. If the admitting degree was not completed at the time of application, only submit the final official transcript after the final year is completed and the admitting degree is conferred;
- Three (3) References: References must come from professors who are well acquainted with your academic and research abilities. For applicants with a Master’s degree, one reference must come from the graduate supervisor. Each referee must complete the questionnaire and letter section when invited to evaluate the applicant via the Admissions Application system. Please note that at least two of the three references must be academic in nature;
- List Prospective Supervisor(s) of your interest in the Graduate Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Applicants are encouraged to arrange an interview with prospective supervisors as early as possible;
- Statement of Purpose: A one-page that includes your degree, relevant research and/or publications, and career goals;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- GRE/English Proficiency Test scores (if applicable): These must be submitted directly from the issuing institution to the University of Toronto;
- Letter of Support from Employer (only for the Flex-time PhD Program Option).
- Certified English translations are required for all international documentation written in a language other than English or French. Translations do not replace original documentation. Both the original documents and translations must be submitted.
- MScPhm Application Supporting Documents
Be prepared to submit the following:
- Contact information
- Scanned official transcript(s)
- MScPhm supplemental document
- Two letters of reference
- GRE and English Proficiency Test results (for applicants who have not completed a program of study in Canada or the U.S.)
Mailing Address for Official Transcripts
Attention: Graduate Admissions
Graduate Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto
144 College Street, Room 658
Toronto, Ontario, M5S 3M2
If you have further question about application and admission process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.