In this position, the candidate will have the opportunity to work in a pharmacy that prioritizes high-quality service and exceptional healthcare. Mulvihill Drug Mart offers a full range of pharmacy services including; dispensing, patient education and counseling, medication reviews, vaccine administration, home health products, compliance packaging, and compression stocking fitting. We have a ScriptPro robotic dispensing system in our dispensary at our head office location allowing Pharmacists more time to spend with the patient. We also service retirement homes in our community. The candidate will dispense prescriptions and deliver pharmacy services as well as participate in the maintenance and operations of the Pharmacy as described by the Pharmacy Standards of Practice and will provide superior, timely and pleasant service to our customers.
- Acknowledge all customers approaching the Pharmacy; promptly assist in a courteous and professional manner
- Receive and process new and repeat prescription orders in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensure accuracy and appropriateness of all prescriptions dispensed
- Provide counseling on prescriptions - over the counter/behind the counter products and all health-related issues
- Provide accurate information in response to customer inquiries
- Resolve customer issues according to established standards
- Adhere to all confidentiality and privacy requirements
- Practice to the full extent of expanded scope with Professional Services, with your capability
- Communicate with other health care professionals within the circle of care
- Maintain all records required in accordance with legislation and standards of practice
- Manage inventory and requirements for documentation and control of substances under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act/Regulations
- Valid license to practice in Ontario
- Independent thinking and decision making
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and proficient in English
- Strong computing skills and knowledge of Kroll Pharmacy systems is an asset
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Problem-solving skills
Mulvihill Drug Mart is an independent, family-owned pharmacy in the heart of the beautiful Ottawa Valley. We have five locations in Pembroke and Petawawa and have been serving these and the surrounding communities since 1928. A unique opportunity to work as a part of a team of more than 10 pharmacists with vast retail experience. This position provides a new graduate with a versatile and fast-paced environment in which to practice pharmacy. In addition to high job satisfaction, we have flexible hours, benefits and competitive wages.
Also, if you love the outdoors and outdoor activities you will love the Ottawa Valley. It has so much to offer throughout the year, with wild whitewater adventures on the Ottawa River in the summer to glorious snowshoe and cross-country ski trails in the winter. It is a warm and inviting rural community with something for everyone.
Please send your resume attention to Sherry Mulvihill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.