Join our team!
Our pharmacy teams help provide communities with the products, services, and professional advice they need to keep themselves and their families well. Our teams provide quality, personalized interactions and individualized ongoing care in a collaborative environment! Sobeys National Pharmacy Group includes 400 Pharmacies across Canada with diverse practice settings, including long term care.
Thank you for your interest in working with Sobeys National Pharmacy Group! We are currently looking for a summer pharmacy student in the Kitchener/Waterloo region. This position is open to 1st, 2nd or 3rd year pharmacy students (3rd year preferred) and will support our pharmacy team on a part-time basis in summer 2023. Pharmacy Students are responsible for providing superior customer service while completing the essential training to become a licensed Pharmacist. You will gain a progressive learning experience in all aspects of pharmacy operations, administration, customer care, profile programs and professional services. Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process. While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
As part of your application in this process, we ask you to connect with our virtual recruiting assistant to upload your resume and answer a few general questions. Please use this link to submit your answers. Interviews will happen throughout March. Please submit your information by Monday March 13th.
- Must be a pharmacy student at an accredited Pharmacy program (University of Toronto)
- Evenings/weekend availability
- Injection certified at the time of interview/hire
- Registered with the Ontario College of Pharmacists as a student or intern
- Professional pharmacy activities appropriate to level of education
- Prescription Assembly – Data Entry
- Process Customer Transactions, Receive and Release Prescriptions
- Promotion of all Profile Programs
- Pill Pack Assembly
- Filing Prescriptions, Ordering and replenishing supplies, cleaning, answering phones
- Drug order creation and receiving
- Adhere to and implement all applicable company standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to be self-directed and to work independently in meeting strict deadlines will be essential
Education and Experience:
- Enrollment in Pharmacy program from a recognized institution
- Previous pharmacy experience and knowledge of Kroll systems a definite asset
Once again, please use this link to submit your resume and answer a few general questions. Interviews will happen throughout March. Please submit your information by Monday March 13th.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.