The Norfolk General Hospital and West Haldimand General Hospital is seeking a Full Time Pharmacist.
The ideal candidate would be dedicated to patient care and committed to championing the Hospital’s Mission to relieve illness and suffering, and help people live healthier lives. Reporting to the Director of Pharmacy, the Pharmacist will be responsible for providing clinical pharmacy services for the purpose of achieving positive health outcomes to improve patients’ quality of life.
- Providing pharmaceutical care as part of a multi-disciplinary team, including medication reconciliation and therapeutic drug monitoring.
- Reviewing physician’s orders, creating and maintaining computerized patient medication profiles, reviewing drug information and adverse drug reaction reporting.
- Directing and teaching both staff and patients.
- Develop and provide input on the development of order sets and protocols.
- Required to share on-call duties to handle emergency problems and issues.
- Participate in committees as requested.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy Degree.
- Current pharmacist license with the Ontario College of Pharmacists, Part A.
- Hospital pharmacy experience is preferred.
- Experience with Medication Reconciliation, eMAR/BMV, sterile compounding and antimicrobial stewardship an asset.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the delivery of patient centred care.
- Sound organizational and prioritization skills coupled with the ability to work well in stressful situations.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong documentation skills.
- Excellent attendance, punctuality and work record.
- Knowledge of Meditech and familiarity with AccuDose and is preferred.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Evidence of continuing education activities.
Hours of Work
Day shift with weekend availability; on call may be required
Located in Simcoe, Ontario, Norfolk General Hospital provides exceptional healthcare to a municipality of approximately 64,000 people. Our area of focus provides a continuum of service throughout the life span of the people we serve including Emergency, Critical Care, Obstetrics, Medicine, Surgery, and Complex Continuing Care. Employing approximately 550 highly skilled and dedicated employees, Norfolk General Hospital is a full service, 106-bed hospital with 24/7 on-call coverage of Specialists in Surgery, Anesthesia, Internal Medicine, and Obstetrics as well as on-site 24-hour per day medical coverage.
Interested applicants must submit a current cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Department by e-mailing email@example.com, referring to posting number above. This posting will remain active until filled.
In order to ensure equal opportunities during the recruitment and selection process, Norfolk General Hospital and Norfolk Hospital Nursing Home provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities, upon request. Norfolk General Hospital and Norfolk Hospital Nursing Home thanks all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.