Great opportunity at Shoppers Drug Mart!
Shoppers Drug Mart is hiring a Pharmacist for Central Pharmacy Services Vial in Richmond Hill Reporting to the Production Team Lead, the Pharmacist will support the overall operations of the Pharmacy, including dispensing medication, ensuring the prepared prescriptions are accurate and prepared in a timely manner, and assisting in the maintenance of the dispensary.
This position is for an afternoon shift: 2PM-10PM
What You’ll Do
- Practice within federal/provincial, regulatory/legal requirements, provincial Code of Ethics, Standards of Practice, and Policies, demonstrating professional integrity and acting to uphold a high level of professional standard of practice
- Ensure all privacy requirements are met, including customer confidentiality and consent management
- Conduct product verification on all prescriptions prepared to ensure accuracy and completeness of all prescription orders prior to delivery
- Maintain all records required in accordance with legislation, standards of practice, and policy, i.e. customer records, narcotic and controlled drug records
- Review and maintain Workflow Queues on a regular basis
- Assist with prescription fulfillment, as required
- Operate and maintain the prescription automation equipment used to generate and produce prescriptions for client pharmacies
- Ensure that the machines have the correct and necessary supply of medication within the dispensing unit to prepare vials
- Clean and maintain the equipment when necessary to ensure optimal performance
- Support inventory management and ensure proper stock levels
- Ensure all requirements for documentation and control of substances under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act and Regulations are met and reporting to Health Canada and regulatory bodies as necessary is completed
- Ensure proper preparation, packaging, distribution and storage of all inventory including those that require special handling and training
- Ensure all Pharmacy team members are in compliance with internal policies Identify and report business-building opportunities, both internally and externally, and action where appropriate
- Report and escalate Pharmacy Incident for medication or privacy incidents (actual, and near-misses)
- Ensure pharmacy team works cohesively to complete necessary activities
- Support ongoing training for all Pharmacy team members
➡️➡️Learn more and apply here!
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day. With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.