SickKids is pleased to offer an exciting opportunity for the provision of pharmaceutical care in the Emergency Department (ED).
The pharmacist(s) will be a member of the ED’s interprofessional team, with a focus on providing clinical pharmacy service and information resource support.
Here's What You'll Get to Do:
- Optimize drug therapy for neonatal and paediatric patients seen in the Emergency Department and work with the interprofessional team to prevent and manage a wide variety of drug therapy problems. This clinical pharmacist will primarily focus on patients who will be admitted to inpatient services.
- Ensure medication safety by conducting best possible medication histories and supporting medication reconciliation activities.
- Provide support for drug information requests, drug use evaluations and data analysis to support safe patient care, with a particular emphasis on high-alert and high-cost medications.
- Guide decision-making around drug inventory management control Provide clinical pharmacy review of departmental order sets, order panels and other electronic health record-related medication requests.
- Contribute to clinical pharmacy practice-based/medication safety projects and quality improvement activities.
- Collaborate with the SickKids outpatient pharmacy and liaise closely with inpatient pharmacists and other relevant supporting teams, (e.g. clinical informatics, information services, etc).
- Perform regular pharmacist dispensing functions when assigned to the main dispensary.
The successful candidates will be expected to work weekend clinical/dispensary shifts as assigned. Hours of work during ED clinical shifts are TBD.
Here's What You'll Need:
- Registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (or eligible for registration) – Part A.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and motivated with excellent interpersonal skills Excellent clinical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Hospital pharmacy residency certificate is preferred.
- Previous clinical hospital experience is preferred.
- Paediatric experience is preferred.
Employment Type: 1.0 FTE Full-time Permanent + 0.5 FTE Full-time Permanent
Reports to: Winnie Seto, Clinical Pharmacy Manager. Clinical Pharmacist for Critical Care Units (Paediatric Intensive Care Unit and Cardiac Critical Care Unit)
Posting until February 10th, 2023 (or until filled). Please visit: https://www.sickkids.ca/en/careers-volunteer/careers/.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.