This video by the Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy at the University of Toronto provides a virtual demonstration on preparing the COVID-109 Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, for health-care providers including physicians, nurses and pharmacists.
Use the video as a step-by-step guide, from receiving the vaccine to preparing syringes and drawing up doses. Also find tips to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of vaccine preparation, and on using multiple vials to get an extra dose.
- Receiving and storage
- Supplies and work-station set up
- Choosing and preparing syringes
- Preparing the normal saline
- Diluting and mixing the vaccine
- Drawing up the doses
- Using multiple vials to get an extra dose