Jauher Ahmad received his Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from the University of Toronto in 2003. He has been a community pharmacist/owner for the past 14 years in Mississauga and active member of the profession. He is currently the owner of Whole Health Pharmacy Cooksville and Clinic Director of Intrepid Health Group Inc.
His educational interests include:
- Community Pharmacy Management
- Fostering inter-professional relationships
- Practice-based learning
- Medication Therapy Management
- Health Professional Education
Jauher has been a teaching associate/preceptor for the Faculty of Pharmacy for the past 13 years where he has mentored over 100 students in advance pharmacy practice (APPE) rotations. He currently holds a part-time Lecturer appointment with the Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy and is responsible for the design, coordination and delivery of Medication Therapy Management I and Community Pharmacy Management courses.
His pharmacy practice is specialized in diabetes education and management. As a CDE, Jauher has established medical directives with local physicians and is satellite training site for the Trillium Diabetes Management Centre.
Jauher is actively involved in the pharmacy profession and health care community at large as a committee member for the following organizations:
- Mississauga Halton LHIN (MHLHIN) – Health Professionals Advisory Committee (HPAC)
- MHLHIN Primary Health Care Steering Committee (PHCSC)
- Ontario Pharmacists Association – Membership Services Committee